Your Appointment System is Changing.....
We are currently in the process of trying out a new appointment system. This means that in the next few weeks our receptionists will ask you the reason for requesting a same day appointment.
Your information will be essential as it will help us decide which Healthcare Professional you will see. We want to make sure that the right person sees the right patient at the right time.
Why are we doing this...?
- We recognise the difficulty our patients experience trying to see a GP.
- There is a limit on the number of patients a GP can see in a day and demand is ever increasing.
- There are many other tasks to be done that only a GP can do.
- Some problems are more acute than others and not everyone who makes an appointment actually needs to be seen.
- Some patients would be better seen by a Minor Illness Nurse in the surgery, or a Pharmacist in the community as part of the minor ailment scheme, patients living in Trevethin can see a Nurse Practitioner in the Health centre, and acute eye problems can be treated by an Optician. Injuries and accidents should be treated in and A&E Department.
- Some requests can be handled over the phone.
Please bear with us.....
Change is never easy !
Our new system will change the way in which we offer appointments in future. The aim is to ensure thatwe can offer a responsive sevice now and in years to come. We hope it will improve your experience as a patient and welcome your feedback.
This practice supports the BMA's "Your GP Cares" and "An Urgent Prescription for General Practice"
We aim to continue to offer a range of routine appointments for patients who need to be seen within in 2-3 days as well as appointments in 1 or 2 weeks time for follow ups, medication reviews, sick notes, etc. Remember that we will only see one patient per appointment.
When phoning to talk to a Doctor please bear in mind the surgery times. The receptionists have been instructed not to interrupt a surgery except for emergencies. They will therefore take a message and Doctor will return your call when free to do so.
Please ensure that you cancel any appointments you no longer require. Each week approximately 50 patients do not turn up for their appointments resulting in other patients having to wait longer for their appointments. Remember we can ask patients who repeatedly fail to attend appointments to register with another practice.